viernes, 6 de agosto de 2010

The Empyrean 02


Song to the Siren


Long afloat on shipless oceans,
I did all my best to smile.

'Til your singing eyes and fingers
drew me loving to your isle.

And you sang:

"Sail to me, sail to me, let me enfold you;
here I am, here I am, waiting to hold you."

Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you hare when I was fox?
Now my foolish boat is leaning,
broken lovelorn on your rocks.

For you sing:

"Touch me not, touch me not, come back tomorrow;
oh my heart, oh my heart shies from the sorrow."

I'm as puzzled as the newborn child,
I'm as troubled as the tide.

Should I stand amid the breakers,
or should I lie with Death my bride?

Hear me sing:

"Swim to me, swim to me, let me enfold you;
here I am, here I am, waiting to hold you."


John Frusciante

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario